Micro Cleaving Technology
Sela’s proprietary Micro Cleaving technology is unique in its ability to create precision cross-sections without water, chemical or mechanical contact, and to enable analysis of mirror images of a targeted feature.
Micro Cleaving technology provides solutions for cross-section sample preparation of crystalline materials such as Si, GaN, GaAr, InPh etc.
Semiconductor manufacturers use Micro Cleaving technology as from 1998 for sample preparation for failure analysis by scanning electron microscope (SEM) observation of cleaved wafer samples with predefined failure features.
Micro Cleaving technology delivers fast high quality and precise accuracy cleaved wafer segment for further investigation under SEM and SCM.
How Micro Cleaving works
Performance of Micro Cleaving:
- Quality of cleaved surface is crystalline plane mirror
- Natural cleave through crystalline structure without contamination
- High accuracy of down to 2 micron in just 3 minutes.
- Capability of cleaving of very small wafer samples and dies with dimensions down to 1x1mm.
- Target is never lost – always present two sides of the cleaved target on the sample segments.
Micro Cleaving technology passed long way of improvements and implementations to different requirements for sample preparation in semiconductor industry. It is implemented firstly in SELA MC500 and MC600 systems and latest winning MC600i system.
See how Micro Cleaving utilized in MC600i nano cleaving system
See how Micro Cleaving utilized in MC10/MC10i/MC20 micro cleaving systems
For additional information about SELA products please, contact us