The SELA MC20 smart micro cleaving system with capability to register and cleave buried defects is the advanced solution for the SEM sample preparation of crystalline materials with high quality, high accuracy and high throughput.
The MC20 utilizes and delivers to customers enhanced capabilities of wining SELA’s Micro Cleaving technology together with the state-of-the-art optics.
The MC20 smart table top system, equipped with masterly designed comprehensive optical solution combined regular white and special IR optics, achieves semi-automatic, reliable, repeatable and rapid cross-sectioning of wafer segments and dies with high cleaving accuracy.
Observation from top and back sides of the sample provides strong additional capability for the failure analysis of buried defects. This capability answers to challenges in analysis of all kinds of failures in semiconductors, MEMS devices, dies extracted from package and others.
Dedicated software enables the accurate positioning control and alignment of the cleaving elements. Cleaved samples are ready for immediate inspection and analysis.
The set of the MC20 together with PCM and TMO features target marking, extraction of the initial sample and final cross-sectioning with high throughput, high consistent accuracy and the excellent natural lattice quality of the cross-sections produced.
Such advanced capabilities of the set of the MC20 significantly reduce the turnaround time for failure analysis and process monitoring.
- Semi-automatic controllable cleaving process for visible and buried defects
- Observation from top and bottom sides of the sample
- Registration and cross-section of buried defects
- Advanced white light and IR optics
- Accuracy better than 5 microns, mostly 2-3 microns
- Process time – single minute
- Small input sample or die – down to 4×2 mm
- Cleaving as close as 2 mm to the wafer or die edge
- Continuous cleaving of multiple targets
- Advanced optics with variable magnification up to 1000x
- Software controllable cleaving process
- Built-in vacuum
- “Maintenance free” servicing model
- Turnaround time significantly reduced
- Improves yield analysis
- Improves characterization
- Improves and enhances SEM and FIN utilization
- Low cost of ownership
For additional information about SELA products please, contact us