Sela’s proprietary Precise Cleaving technology is unique in its ability to create precision cross-sections without water, chemical or mechanical contact, and to enable analysis of mirror images of a targeted feature.
Precise Cleaving technology provides solutions for cross-section sample preparation of crystalline materials such as Si, GaN, GaAr, InPh etc.
Semiconductor manufacturers use Precise Cleaving technology as from 1998 for sample preparation for failure analysis by scanning electron microscope (SEM) observation of cleaved wafer samples with predefined failure features.
Precise Cleaving technology delivers fast high quality and precise accuracy cleaved wafer segment for further investigation under SEM and SCM.
How Precise Cleaving works
Performance of Precise Cleaving:
- Quality of cleaved surface is crystalline plane mirror
- Natural cleave through crystalline structure without contamination
- High accuracy of down to 2 micron in just 3 minutes.
- Capability of cleaving of very small wafer samples and dies with dimensions down to 1x1mm.
- Target is never lost – always present two sides of the cleaved target on the sample segments.
Precise Cleaving technology passed long way of improvements and implementations to different requirements for sample preparation in semiconductor industry. It is implemented firstly in SELA MC500 and MC600 systems and latest winning MC600i system.